I am a Consultant Clinical Psychologist chartered by HCPC (Health and Care Professions Council) and a fully accredited Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapist with the BABCP (British Association of Cognitive and Behavioural Psychotherapists).
I have over 17 years of experience in providing specialist mental health assessments and evidence-based psychotherapy (e.g. individual and group Cognitive Behavioural Therapy -CBT and Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing – EMDR) for a range of moderate to very complex psychological and emotional difficulties to adults.
I am currently the Clinical Lead for Newham Talking Therapies (East London NHS Foundation Trust), a high performing London-based Improving Access to Psychological Therapies (IAPT) service. In my role I am providing strategic leadership and supervision for a large team of psychological professionals and having the overall responsibility for the delivery of outstanding psychological services to a diverse and complex population. I am also involved in teaching, training, consulting and supervising experienced clinicians.
My clinical specialties include:
• Adult Mental Health and Psychological Assessments
• Trauma and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
• Chronic and Recurrent Depression
• Chronic Pain and Medically Unexplained Symptoms
• Anxiety (e.g. Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, Social Anxiety, Panic Disorder)
• Multi-morbidity (co-morbid Depression or Anxiety and long-term conditions) and assessment of psychological impact of Chronic Pain or other long-term health conditions
• Domestic Abuse and Relationship Difficulties
• Employment Stress
• Risk assessments
Medico-Legal Training Courses
Bond Solon, accredited by Cardiff University Law School
• Excellence in Report Writing
• Courtroom Skills
• Cross Examination Day
• Civil Law & Procedure